Monday, May 16, 2011

Bad, bad girl ;(

I'm sorry I have been so inconsistent with my blog lately (as if anyone reads it ;). I have actually started to make some new friends here, awesome ones, the sun has been shining, hitting the beach, seeing some relatives..that finally called back, running miles daily..oops, sorry...kilometers I mean..and I've been cooking my Italian-American ass off! Today I took a jaunt down to Vodafone, in Palermo, and recharged the credit for my mini sim card....which, by the way...is a major pain in the culo. Back home one purchases a data plan for Internet and unless you suck at paying bills, you continue to have service. Here you buy credit and when it's up, you are shit outta luck 'til your next visit to a cell provider. Some things here are a straight up racket and I miss how things seem to actually 'work' back home, even if they work too well at the point of imbalance. We need some of this down-home living over there...but we need the fucking Internet and phones to work better over here damn it! Why can't we have both places come together?? Like my little nephew Gabe said to me last year while my parents, his grandparents, were in Italy, he said 'Zia, why can't we put Sicily and California together so I can have everything I love here?' He is the smartest kid I know with the hugest heart, but I guess that would be called New Jersey Gabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment